Boom, Bap, Bass
Iconic drum machines have been built by Roland for decades, production pros can confirm that the Aira Compact T-8 Beat Machine is akin to the company’s greatest hits. Hallmark Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology powers the T-8’s engine, bringing you six rhythm tracks that faithfully reproduce the classic TR-606, TR-808, and TR-909 drum machines. For added "oomph," a dedicated bass track pulls from the iconic TB-303 synth, with sawtooth and square waveforms perfect for some acid flavor. Rhythmic possibilities abound, thanks to the TR-REC-powered 64-step sequencer that is loaded with onboard FX and advanced programming. Moreover, the robust suite of interoperative capabilities mean that this bass blaster is ready to rock solo or with the band. For unparalleled rhythmic potential, and a bass that’s dressed to thrill, this pocket-sized powerhouse is a no-brainer.
Build the backbone of your beats
The T-8 marries portability and convenience with studio-quality power and iconic sounds. Its comprehensive I/O allows you to control the T-8 from an external controller, run it alongside a DAW, pair with any of its Aira Compact cousins, and more. The sounds may be strong, but they’re bolstered by the suite of onboard FX and processing parameters, including overdrive, sidechain compression, and dedicated reverb and delay knobs. Dive deeper into the programming to take advantage of step-loop, pattern shift, and probability features, adding a dynamism that’ll evolve your grooves in any musical situation. Real-time recording of note values, accents, and slides, on bass lines let you color your sequences across upwards of 32 steps, with 64 total capturable patterns. Let the intuitive form factor guide you through an odyssey of beats, bass, and iconic Roland sound, all in a module that fits in your pocket.
Roland Aira Compact T-8 Beat Machine Features:
- ACB technology powers the 6 drum tracks and 1 bass track with classic Roland TR-606, TR-808, TR-909, and TB-303 output
- Advanced programming introduces greater control through sub-step, velocity values, step-loop, pattern shift, and probability parameters
- Lightweight and compact design means portability without sacrificing power
- 64-step sequencer is TR-REC-powered, allowing for countless sonic possibilities
- Straightforward form factor ensures satisfying tactility and accurate input
- Intuitive design provides endless sonic opportunity at any level of expertise
- High-quality FX, overdrive, and sidechain compression controls let you sculpt your sound on the fly
- Onboard MIDI, audio, and synch I/O, as well as USB-C, provide endless interoperative potential with DAWs, external controller interfaces, and even additional Aira Compact devices
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery means 4.5 hours of timeless sound, all on the go
- Weight: 11 oz.
- Dimensions: 7.4 (W) x 4.2 (D) x 1.4 (H) inches
- Type:Bassline Synthesizer and Drum Machine
- Internal Sound Engine:Yes
- Pads:16 x Step Buttons
- Sounds:ACB-modeled TR Drums, ACB-modeled TB Bass
- Sequencer:7-track, 32-steps, 64 Patterns
- Effects:Delay, Reverb, Overdrive, Sidechain Compression
- Analog Inputs:1 x 1/8"
- Analog Outputs:1 x 1/8" (mix out/headphones)
- MIDI I/O:2 x 1/8" TRS (in, out), USB
- Other I/O:2 x 1/8" (sync in/out)
- USB:1 x USB-C
- Power Source:Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery / USB bus power
- Weight:0.68 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:T-8