Classic Parlor Tone from Martin
The Martin 0-18 acoustic guitar offers the distinctive tone and small-bodied comfort of some of the company's most sought-after pre-war instruments. This Concert model has a modified low-oval neck with a High Performance taper, a favorite among guitarists who prefer a thinner profile to bulkier necks. And the guitar's use of solid Sitka spruce atop mahogany is a classic tonewood combination, offering plenty of warm, dry, and vibrant mid frequencies. The 0-18 is a welcome addition to Martin's Standard Series.
Timeless combination of mahogany and spruce
Classic Martin guitars throughout history have used spruce tops and solid mahogany backs and sides to create enchanting tone, and you'll find the same premium tonewood combination on the Martin 0-18. A solid Sitka spruce top has a wide tonal range with excellent projection. You'll love the level of detail and nuance it adds to your tone. And because it's a solid-wood top, the tone of your 0-18 will age gracefully, with enhanced harmonics and greater tonal balance as the years go by.
Modified low-oval neck for smooth playability
The 0-18 features a modified low-oval neck profile with a High Performance taper. Its slim profile is easy on your hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort. The shorter 24.9" scale length makes complex chord voicings easier to reach. And the smooth-playing ebony fretboard is comfortable and finished to perfection. Guitarists agree that the Martin 0-18 is perfectly suited for both fingerstyle and flatpicking.
Concert body style provides excellent tonal balance
Arguably one of the most comfortable body styles for acoustic guitars, the Martin 0-18 has a smaller than average Concert shape. It's the perfect fit when you're looking for a more manageable instrument than larger body styles offer. The design also sings with a very identifiable tonal character. The instrument's full-sounding and mid-focused voice helps every note you play jump from the fretboard with great clarity. The 0-18 is a particularly good fit if you're a fingerstyle player, but it will make a fantastic addition to any serious player's collection.
Martin 0-18 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Acoustic guitar with premium Martin craftsmanship
- Concert body style has a smaller feel and focused tone
- Rich, timeless tone from the solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides
- Select hardwood neck has a modified low-oval profile with a High Performance taper
- Scalloped X-bracing enhances projection and tonal balance
- Ebony fretboard feels wonderful and adds attack to your sound
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Parlor
- Finish:Gloss with Aging Toner
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Mahogany
- Body Bracing:X-Scalloped
- Binding:Faux Tortoise
- Neck Wood:Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape:Modified low oval, high performance taper
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Abalone
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:24.9"
- Tuning Machines:Nickel open gear
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Bone/Bone
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:Lifespan 2.0 92/8 Phosphor Bronze, .012-.054
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:10018