EVH Tube Tone in a Streamlined Amp Head
The 5150 Iconic Series head delivers two channels of tube-infused, EVH-style tone with a streamlined design that satisfies the needs of gigging and recording guitarists alike. This tube amp head covers the full gamut of Edward Van Halen's contemporary hard rock tones, with an extra voicing on each channel for added versatility. There's plenty of sound shaping onboard, with per-channel Gain and Volume, a shared 3-band EQ, and global Resonance and Presence controls. The 5150 Iconic Series head also includes a top-shelf noise gate, footswitchable Boost function, and high-quality reverb to ensure a dynamic performance and U.S.-prime, grade-A-stamped sound. Other features include a power reduction circuit, speaker-emulated output, dual parallel speaker outputs, selectable impedance, and an excellent-sounding effects loop. If you're craving EVH's latter-day sound, the 5150 Iconic Series head delivers the searing tone and growling gain that King Edward made famous.
Two channels of tube-fueled EVH tone
The 5150 Iconic Series head is voiced with two JJ ECC83S preamp tubes and fueled by four JJ 6L6 power tubes, arming you with two channels of muscular hard rock firepower. Each of this tube amp head's channels includes two voices: a Green channel for crystalline cleans or overdriven crunch; and a Red channel for fiery leads with a blistering-hot Burn setting. Each channel includes independent Gain and Volume controls for easy level matching, along with a shared 3-band EQ for effortless sonic sculpting. Global Resonance and Presence knobs round out the 5150 Iconic Series head's tone-shaping controls.
Chock-full of must-have features
Despite its streamlined design, the EVH 5150 Iconic Series head is a gig-ready rock machine. Channel two includes a built-in noise gate, which effectively — and transparently — attenuates hiss and hum. The guitarists are impressed by this gate's responsiveness. You can churn out rapid staccato riffs all day long with zero noise between notes, and you can play long, sustaining passages without chopped-off notes. Channel two boasts a footswitchable Boost function that adds another 10dB to your signal to keep your solos front and center. The 5150 Iconic Series head features a smooth-sounding reverb, which injects your playing with depth and dimension. You get a power reduction circuit for stadium-sized tones at bedroom-appropriate volumes, a speaker-emulated output for easy DI-ing, and dual parallel speaker outputs for no-fuss expansion. You also get a high-quality effects loop for integrating your pedalboard and outboard processors — an essential if you want to incorporate Eddie's distinctive pitch-shifting effect into your tonal palette.
EVH 5150 Iconic Series Head Features:
- 80W, 2-channel tube amplifier head voiced for Edward Van Halen's latter-day tone
- Extra voicing on each channel gives you added sonic versatility
- Green channel delivers crystalline cleans or overdriven crunch
- Red channel produces fiery leads with a blistering-hot Burn setting
- Each channel includes independent Gain and Volume controls for easy level matching
- Shared 3-band EQ supplies you with effortless sonic sculpting
- Global Resonance and Presence knobs adjust the high- and low-end aspects of your tone
- Built-in noise gate effectively — and transparently — attenuates hiss and hum
- Footswitchable Boost function adds another 10dB to your lead channel's signal
- Smooth-sounding reverb injects your playing with depth and dimension
- Power reduction circuit unleashes stadium-sized tones at bedroom-appropriate volumes
- Speaker-emulated output makes DI-ing super simple
- Dual parallel speaker outputs provide no-fuss expansion
- High-quality effects loop for integrating your pedalboard and outboard processors
- Rugged textured vinyl cover with brushed aluminum front panel and black steel grille
- Eye-catching 5150 and EVH logo badges
- Molded plastic top handle for easy transport
- Includes a 2-button footswitch and 5-foot speaker cable
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:80W
- Preamp Tubes:2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes:4 x 6L6
- EQ:3-band EQ, Resonance, Presence
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (parallel speaker), 1 x 1/4" (pre out), 1 x XLR (DI out)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (channel/boost)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 2-button footswitch
- Construction Material:MDF with Plywood Baffle, Black Tolex
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:39 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:2257400010